Monday, May 16, 2011

Well it happened! 5 weeks, 2 days

After two and a half months of trying, we have been blessed with another little one.  I know two and a half months doesn't seem very long but when you desire something so much, every minute waiting for it seems like eternity.  My heart truly goes out to the couples that have waited years.  I feel for them all.

We got our first positive pregnancy test on May 3.  It was so faint it required a bit of tweaking to see the line and by the next day, it was pretty evident.  I even had a positive digital on May 4, at only 9DPO.  This baby(ies) is in a hurry to stick!

So, symptoms are already running rampant.  Tired all the time, which is increased by the three amazing kids I already have.  I'm weepy.  I cry at literally everything.  Whether it's cheesy, happy, sad, angry, whatever, I am freaking Niagra Falls.  I also have to pee about every ten minutes and in between potty breaks, I have to be constantly stuffing my face.  I'm sooo hungry that I have gained five pounds in ONE WEEK.  If there aren't twins in there, I'm going to get a bit depressed!

Speaking of, we are hoping for twins.  I would love to experience it just once and since I have a family history, there is a good chance.  We'll get to see in three weeks.  I talked to my nurse today.  She made up my appointment schedule and we went over all the do's and don't's.  She also rescheduled my ultrasound for five days later than it was originally scheduled for.  So I have to wait five more days to see my precious little peanut.  Three whole weeks.  It's going to be agonizing.

We've told our family and friends that we are expecting again and haven't been met with the best of reactions.  I'm starting to think the only people happy about this new baby are myself and my husband.  And our wonderful kids, of course.  They have been begging for another baby sibling for ages.  I kind of expected the reactions though.  In this day and age, having four children is considered excessive.  Most settle for one or two,  Three kids is considered a large family and any more than that and people start asking you if you are competing with the Duggars.  Well, to them I say, forget you.  This is OUR life and how many children we bring into this world is between my husband, myself, and GOD.  God obviously wanted this baby here or it wouldn't be.  It's Him who ultimately controls who is born and who is not. 

I just wish everyone would see that and stop complaining.  It's not like the baby is coming home with them!  No one has to be responsible for these beautiful children but my husband and me.  God has always provided for us in the past and He will now as He will never give us more than we can handle.  And I am elated to be pregnant again.  I love knowing that there is a precious baby in my belly and that in a few months I'll feel their little kicks and punches.  He or she will hear my voice and Daddy's voice.  We'll "nest' and prepare a place for them to come home and I'll be so happy when I see their face for the first time.  Being a mom is the greatest job on the planet and I pity those that choose not to be.  They really don't know what they are missing.

Well I will go for now.  I'm getting hungry again and the munchkins need fed too.  I promise to try to keep this updated more often.  I've been slacking, I know.  I'll close with this, thank Heavens for our Rainbow baby.  You are already loved beyond measure and we'd do anything for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment